Tucked in the heart of the Pretty River Conservation land amidst watercourses, streams, hardwood forests and ponds, the client embarked on a full renovation of the home and landscape together. A gardener’s delight, the project demanded horticultural expertise with Zen-like design sense.
Rooted in eastern tradition and art, the client helped steer an organic design vision to blend in with the natural surrounding. This included artistic elements such as metal sculptures and water features, streams, cascading steps, meditation gardens, subtle night lighting and lush therapy gardens with a sea of color.
By creating multiple destination points, casual and formal, the outdoor spaces seamlessly blend in with the natural forest and its spirituality for the client.
- With over 3,500 perennials, the front meditation meadow creates a myriad of seasonal color all radiating from a central, metal tree sculpture.
- A natural stone descending staircase brings you down to a patio build along two streams where the homeowners and their guests stay warm by an outdoor fire, experiencing the waterfall and stream’s soothing chorus.
- Multiple environments and outdoor living spaces embracing the owners’ experience with nature’s serenity. All backyard gardens have native plant material blending into the untouched forest embankment.
- Comprehensive, fully programmable and self-adjusting irrigation and lighting
- Large, sprawling, natural landscape with multiple grade changes, walk-outs, tiered gardens, shade areas, fire pit and casual gathering areas along existing watercourses.
- Unique design/build features such as oversized natural stone, retaining walls, marsh enhancements, sculptures and custom stone inlays, natural stone deck transitions, golf greens and extensive gardens with massive arrays of perennials.
- Scope of landscape work covers nearly 3 acres of space
Want to receive an email when we have a new project and other news?