Using water and air access, a quintessential Muskoka room was designed and built on this remote private island. Looking like its always been there, this timberframe addition enables access from the home’s kitchen and great room interiors – now allowing guests to fully experience the western sunsets and summer breeze in a protected outdoor space.
The luxurious room features automated bug-screens, nano-wall doors, built-in lounging beds and integrated heating – all underpinned on reinforced stone walls crafted into the natural granite terrain.
- Designed and crafted a custom pizza oven, kitchen and fireplace lounge integrating the architectural façade and existing materials.
- Stone walls and soft meadow plantings connecting granite walkways visually lead guests to various island destinations - including the guest house and its private beach.
- The post & beam addition enables families to enjoy the western sky and evening breeze – with the comfort of bug-free automated screens, built-in furniture and lighting and integrated heating.
- A natural stone bridge and perfectly crafted steps and flagstone nestle seamlessly into the natural granite terrain - leading down to the cliff-edge sundown patio.
- A custom pizza oven, kitchen and fireplace lounge integrates seamlessly into the cottage exterior on this private northern island.
- The outdoor fire and cooking lounge is surrounded with granite stone walls and soft meadow plantings connected with flagstone walkways to various island destinations.
- With water and air access only the undulating topography made equipment and material movement very challenging. A temporary bridge and road was created over the natural rock forms to bring materials in from barge and airdrops.
- Remote island using water and air access only
- Severe topographic undulation making equipment and material movement and access very challenging. A temporary bridge and road was created over the natural rock forms to bring materials in from barge and airdrops
- Had to complete this very large northern project outside of the cottage months of May-October. Winter work included snowmobile access across frozen lakes
- Designed, constructed and managed the muskoka room addition with in-house staff, staying on time and on-budget
As a 24/7 Property Manager for a discerning cottage owner, I work with contractors and service providers everyday. I’m absolutely in awe of Landmark, their unbelievable client experience and impeccable precision and quality. Every detail is extraordinary. Their staff are so professional and committed – just a quality outfit. Worth every penny!
– Lorne Cameron, Property Manager
Want to receive an email when we have a new project and other news?