A double lot on Georgian Bay waterfront is hard to come by, - especially with a direct sunrise view. The goal: to build their dream beachside family home and future retirement residence.
The architecture is modern yet subdued and relaxed. Creating a similar coastal feel to the landscape proved more difficult than one may initially think. Particularly, transitioning from the house to the beach comfortably while creating the necessary erosion control and buffering of the sand and waves. The design used natural materials to create soft, easy-flowing gathering spaces and the waves are kept at bay with a large granite retention wall placed organically along the shoreline. This beach-house seamlessly blends into its landscape… it’s comfortable and peaceful, yet has a dynamic, ever-changing vista of water and sky. What more could one want?
- Natural stone patios and steps
- Thermal ash decking and stairs
- Fully sheltered pergola system
- Sunken hot-tub
- Feature rock-mounted footwash and shower
- Outdoor wood-burning fireplace
- Granite erosion control boulder retention
- Kayak/ SUP racks
- Very mature privacy trees
- Cottage style materials, planting and design
- Automated LED lighting throughout
- Harsh wind and weather exposure on Georgian bay
- Coordination between multiple designers
- How to transition from home, to outdoor living, to beach
- Conservation setbacks and regulations
Landmark’s reputation for quality, expertise and creativity is unparalleled. Their people and process deliver beautiful creativity and impeccable execution - they do it right... with no headaches. The whole design-construction experience was painless, delivered on time and on budget. The ease and pleasure of no risk, no overages and no broken promises was worth paying more for. We would use them again in a heartbeat!
- Karen & Stephen Diamond
Want to receive an email when we have a new project and other news?